Pages

October 29, 2010

The Doug Saga --the dramatic conclusion!

So it has been awhile since I have posted anything, primarily because sadly there has been nothing to report, but then I realized I didn't write about what happened to my interaction with Doug.  So you got from my first post about Doug that Doug's problem appeared to be FOLLOW THROUGH.  Well sadly that is the reason that our brief online love affair ended.  But for a recap of the many failed attempts to actually meet Doug look at the blog post "I am not sure what to call this one" in September.  It makes for good reading.

So after not meeting up for coffee, Doug asked me to have lunch with him during the week.  We agreed to have lunch downtown (close to my job) at 12:30pm so we could finally meet.  That day I sent him a text message around 11am confirming that lunch was still a go.  His message to me was "I'm at the dentist".  He later explains via text message that he didn't realize he had a dentist appointment and that it was later in the day and would conflict with our lunch date.  By this time I was pretty much done.  I mean it didn't appear that this should be this hard to just meet up with someone for coffee or a drink or lunch.  I mean DANG it's not like rocket science we are just trying to meet. So lunch was a bust and Doug BEGGED (literally) me to have lunch with him on Friday.  He begged me via text message and via phone!  That's right the boy actually called because if you recall from my previous post Doug loved to text but somehow hated to actually talk. Go figure! When we spoke on the phone I asked him a question:  "Doug do you really still want to meet?  Because it is no big deal.  If you don't want to meet anymore I completely understand.  We can both go on about our merry way".  His response:  "NOOOO!  Please I WANT to meet you.  I promise I will be there.  You tell me where and I promise I will be there". 

So we decided to meet at a Thai restaurant on 8th Street at 12:30pm.  I got there at like 12:25pm.  There was no sign of Doug so I sat down and ordered my lunch.  This was one of my favorite Thai restaurants so a sista was going to eat.  Needless to say, Doug never showed up and he never called me again!  The first time I have ever been stood up.  Honestly, I wasn't upset I think because I had already decided Doug was a bust but mostly because my chicken pad thai was the BOMB!  :-)  HOLLA!



0 Speak on it!:

Post a Comment