Pages

November 03, 2010

All in love is fair, or is it?

I'm fair, at least I tend to think I am. However, I must say that the one great advantage to this whole online dating thing is the one thing that actually makes me feel a little guilty.  Online dating really affords you the freedom to never respond to someone if they send you an icebreaker or list of questions. For some reason however I feel horrible when I do get a match that's interested and I'm not attracted to them in the least bit. I mean, I've been matched with people who I think are just "ok" and have communicated with them because looks aren't everything right? (as the little voice in my head is saying, they're not?) While I know I don't owe anyone an explanation, perhaps I should draft a note that I can send to everyone I'm not interested in.  What would it say?


Dear Guy,
While I appreciate your email I just can't, I can't.

Dear Guy,
Thanks for your email, I just got married. Sorry.

Dear Guy,
I don't know why we were matched, now leave me alone.


LOL! Kidding I could never be that mean. Leave me a comment, do you think I should enjoy the freedom I've been given by not responding at all, or have a standard "not interested" response? Funny enough, I did get matched with one guy where in his profile he apologized in advance if he didn't respond at all. Perhaps I can copy off him?? 












1 Speak on it!:

Anonymous said...

How about, "Thanks, but no thanks!"

Post a Comment