Pages

October 26, 2010

Pain in my hip ---OR--- The one I conveniently never told you about

I’ve failed to mention my first eHarmony "love" to you all – Chase. This love, hate relationship has been going on since July of this year. It started off pretty good even though he often came on a little bit too strong, (but then again I am the bomb.com so that’s to be expected) and nowadays, well, I can honestly say that we successfully get on each others nerves.  I can probably write a book about our short love affair if you will, but to be honest its not worth the key strokes. The long and short of it is that we fuss and argue all the time. It's weird, I know. To be honest as I'm typing this, I'm snickering because the things we fuss about are sooooo stupid and really unnecessary.

Anyway, I hadn’t seen him in over a month and when he asked me out on a pseudo date the other night, I thought that since it had been a while, perhaps things may go smooth. Here's to wishful thinking....While we're driving to this spot downtown, I decided to let him know that what I really appreciated about him was also what got on my nerves about him – his honesty. While I envy his ability to be honest Abe, he can also be a bit curt, a bit pushy and  bit of a know it all. On the flip side, he thinks I’m too sensitive. Whatever! We can go around that mulberry bush all day long, perhaps never coming to any resolution.

It was today however that I was able to make an analogy as it relates to our "relationship." I have this pain in my hip you see and each time it’s feeling just a little better, I chance going for a quick run in hopes that the pain won't  worsen.  Each time, my hopes fail me and my hip is pained. The same it is with Mr. Chase, each time , I think something is going to be different, I think we are going to have a good time together,  we'll hang out it ends of going south at some point. Really at several points.  I say all this, and to be honest I'm sure this is not the end of he and I. Why I don't know? Perhaps we like the mutual aggravation.... Anyway, I'm sure I'll have a few more things to say about him before it's all said and done, in the meantime, just call me crazy or something.




1 Speak on it!:

Unknown said...

I love the phrase "pseudo date" because they just won't man up and take you on a real date. Ha! I think I remember this guy and yes, I've had similar experiences. Time to move on, sister!

Post a Comment