Pages

October 17, 2010

Better Left Unsaid

I've been talking to this one guy over the phone for almost a month now (about 6 or 7 conversations) and while I try to remain open and give people a chance, that doesn't necessarily shield one from my cracks or snide comments nor does it give one some sort of immunity when it comes to my giving you a nickname. This particular guys nickname is kinda mean so I won't say here. (of course these names and cracks are only reserved for my friends and co-workers, I'm not that mean). 

Anyway, our conversation is so so and, even though we live close to each other, we haven't met yet.  I guess he's not to happy about that because when I asked him about his weekend a week or so ago, he proceeds to tell me that he went on a date with someone he met on eHarmony. He told me twice within 10 minutes of being on the phone. I guess I was supposed to care. Not! I don't know you like that for one and secondly, we're on a dating site for pete's sake, I suspect, I'm not the only one you are communicating with and you surely aren't the only I'm talking too.

Fast forward a week or so later. We're talking on the phone and when I asked him how his week was going he AGAIN proceeds to tell me that he's been talking to someone he met on the site but wasn't sure where it was going as of yet. I couldn't let this one go so I asked him why he felt the need to tell me? He said he just wanted to be honest to which I responded nicely that I really didn't care. (in those words exactly) I'm not telling him all my dating tales. For what? It's really none of his business.

We ended up getting into a longer conversation about what it was each of us were looking for and while it was productive, it was also that conversation where I decided that he and I probably weren't going any further because I don't want to be rushed. Don't get me wrong, I'm no spring chicken and I should be on the fast track, but like I told him, I'm a pro at rushing and forcing things and this time I'm giving myself permission to take my time a little bit.  (I say that now at least).

Anyway sir,  I may have given you a chance, and who knows, perhaps I will let you back into my world at some point but some things are just better left unsaid.








1 Speak on it!:

The Online Dating Dilemma said...

by the way, I honestly felt like he was telling me to try and make me jealous (I don't think so):)

Post a Comment