Pages

August 27, 2010

REALLY?????

Unlike my counterpart, Sassy Girl, I have yet to make a connection that has lead to a date of any kind through this fabulous vehicle we know as online dating-- not coffee, drinks, a drive by viewing, nothing! Not sure why that is but we can dive further into that subject in another post. But when I was trying to think of a way to capture my online experience to date the only word that came to mind was... REALLY? I think the best way to make my argument is to share some of my experiences and after reading these you too will find yourself saying..... REALLY? I should add that I am using Match.com I only provide that piece of info because match uses "winking" and emails as the ways that men and women show their interest in one another.


Scenario 1: White guy from some random part of Montana who states he is 45 but really looks 65 (he was wearing the old person white shoes) winks at me. Uhhh...... REALLY?


Scenario 2: A jewish guy who looks like a hasidic jew living in NY winks at me! Uhhh.... REALLY? It states on my profile that I am Christian and I state that my faith is really important to me so unless Jews and Christians have come to an agreement on JESUS then this is not going to work out!


Scenario 3: A guy sends me an email with 3 words "how are you?" I responded "fine". He sends me an email that says "should we meet for coffee?" Uhhhh..... Really? Don't you think we should exchange a few more than 4 words before we meet up!


Scenario 4: A white divorced 52 year old man, living in Pennsylvania who literally looked like my high school principle winks and then sends me an email stating that it would be a honor to get to know me! That's sweet and all but Uhhhh...... REALLY?


Scenario 5: A guy winked at me and so I proceeded to view his profile. Now the picture of him with his tongue out showing off of his muscles should have been the first clue but I proceeded to read through his profile. I came to the part in the profile that asks "favorite things to do" and my man states "conversating" with my lady! Uhhh.... REALLY? Will someone please explain to a segment of the black population "CONVERSATING" is NOT A WORD!!!!!! And then when I scrolled to his favorite spots he states Red Lobster and Outback! Say it with me.... Uhhh...... REALLY?


Scenario 6: I wink at a guy he proceeds to send me an email that states "No thanks!". Uhhh.... REALLY? Listen no need to be rude if you are not interested just don't wink back. I did in fact share with him online dating etiquette since it appears he missed that class.


I could go on but quite frankly I am discouraging myself and might be discouraging you! At least I hope you have gotten a good laugh because I know have. Until next time.


0 Speak on it!:

Post a Comment