Pages

January 09, 2011

SMH = Shaking My Head

I have a confession. I think I may have broken some sort of unspoken online dating rule. I think, but maybe not. I'll let you be the judge. I was matched with this guy who we will call Dan and man oh man was he fine! Cute as a button, and he had a great profile as well. I was attracted to him but the only problem was, some time after we had been matched, he hadn't sent me an email to communicate. 

I should probably tell you here that I've had a 0% response rate when I'm the first one to reach out to a guy, no luck whatsoever. Zip, zero zilch! With that said, I've pretty much decided that I would no longer be the first to reach out, I would let the guy take the lead at least for a little while. A guy friend of mine also on e-Harmony sorta agreed with me.

Because this guy was super cute, adorable and cut quite nicely might I add (he had a picture on the beach posted) I showed his profile to my co-worker. When she saw him she too was drawn to how handsome he was (and to those beautiful blues eyes) so I had the grand idea to try and hook them up. Why not???  (Don't answer that...)

I took the risk, emailed him telling him all about her and how great she was and said how I thought they would be a great match (I'm sure he laughed at this with his friends, I know I would have). I told him  if he was interested, I would send him pictures of her. Of course later I thought "what if he reports me to the site administrators?" Yikes!

Needless to say, ole Danny boy who not only passed up the opportunity to date a fabulous me, also passed up on the opportunity to date a fabulous her.  Oh well, would I do it again? Maybe but not in this fashion, but if I were to personally meet someone and not make a love connection at all, I may try and play matchmaker again. Perhaps I would have better luck. Who knows? In the meantime, all I can do is shake my head. 



3 Speak on it!:

misschat said...

Well, my dear, as they say - hindsight is 20/20, and like you said, you broke your own rule. When I was dating online, I made myself stick to the "let him move first" rule. It's not easy, especially when we are such strong and self assertive women, but there is much to be learned and gained from sitting back and letting the move be made. If I learned nothing else, it shows US through actions that the man's intent is genuine and not just him not wanting to be mean and say no to our advance, ya dig? Keep ya head up!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Your entry reminds me a lot of the book "The Rules" and I think you are making good decisions!

Sara

Post a Comment